Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Weddings by Alexander & Co is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Weddings by Alexander & Co may change this Policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who We Are
We are the Weddings by Alexander & Co. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What Personal Data We Collect & Why We Collect It
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information such as your name, postal address, email address & phone number
- details about your wedding
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences & interests
- personal data is collected for specific (and lawful) purposes
- appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect your data
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to process applications for membership
- for internal record keeping
- to improve our services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Weddings by Alexander & Co is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Further guidance on how to control cookies in your browser can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Our Site Uses The Following Cookies:
- Google Analytics Cookies: these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour on the site. Google Analytics cookie usage on websites can be found here: developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Limit Login Attempts Cookies: This is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
- WordPress Cookies: these are used by WordPress as tiny pieces of information stored on your computer, to verify who you are. There are cookies for logged in users and for commenters to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
When visitors leave comments on this website, we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted through the contact forms on our website are sent to our email address. The plugin, in itself, does not:
- track users by stealth
- write any user personal data to the database
- send any data to external servers
While we keep these form submissions for enquiry purposes, they are never shared with third parties.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time – please email us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the UK Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us or write to us at:
Weddings by Alexander & Co, 8 Church Road, St Annes on Sea, Lancashire FY8 3NE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Who We Share Your Data With
We will share your data with GDPR compliant Data Controllers for the legitimate business interests of Weddings by Alexander & Co.
Data will be processed for the legitimate business interests of Weddings by Alexander & Co.
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services. This is done to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Data will be stored for the duration of a clients life with Weddings by Alexander & Co and where data must be stored longer to fulfill duties of care and within the law.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if applicable), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
In case of a data breach, System Administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- All data subjects have the right of portability and disclosure of the data held by Weddings by Alexander & Co upon submission of a Subject Access Request and the right of erasure if outside of the legitimate business interest of Weddings by Alexander & Co.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For such requests, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How We Protect Your Data
Data is stored on GDPR compliant servers with GDPR compliant Data Controllers.
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout our website. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
How Can You, The Data Subject, Raise A Complaint?
We suggest all complaints are forwarded to the ICO: ico.org.uk/concerns
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this Policy.
Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This policy is effective from 1 February 2014. Last updated on 21 December 2020.